April 2 – 9, 2001 is International Adult Learners’ Week. The Language Research Centre, in conjunction with Alberta Advanced Education and Technology and UNESCO, is hosting a panel discussion on the importance of lifelong language learning, mutilingualism and multiculturalism.
This panel brings together thought leaders from a variety of organizations in Calgary who are experts on language learning, multilingualism and multiculturalism. They will share their views on the importance of language learning in the 21st century and its relevance to us as Calgarians, Canadians and global citizens.
Expert panelists include:
- Mr. Wayne Cao, MLA Calgary Fort (to be confirmed)
- Dr. Mary O’Brien, Director, Language Research Centre
- Dr. Rahat Naqvi, Associate Director, Language Research Centre
- Dr. Jürgen Meisel, Distinguished Fellow, Language Research Centre
- Mr. Michael Gretton, Southern Alberta Heritages Language Association (SAHLA)
- Ms. Shaheen Murji, Mount Royal University, International Education and Past President, Alberta Teachers of English as a Second Language
Mr. Wayne Cao, MLA, Calgary Fort with me, holding the "Advantage for Life" CD produced by the Language Research Centre. This photo was taken at the IALW event.
Student Discussant: Ms. Jacqueline Warrell, PhD Candidate, Graduate Division of Educational Research
Event host: Dr. Sarah Eaton, Research Associate, Language Research Centre
The Institute for Innovation in Second Language Education (IISLE) will join us via videoconference from Edmonton.
For more information, visit these websites:
Alberta Advanced Education and Technology (AAET)
Language Research Centre
Share this post: Lifelong Language Learning: Benefits for 21st Century Global Citizens http://wp.me/pNAh3-Bv
If you are interested in booking me (Sarah Eaton) for a presentation, keynote or workshop contact me at sarahelaineeaton (at) gmail.com. Please visit my speaking page, too.