In October, 2012, I began working with two other consultants, Lee Tunstall and Vilma Dawson, on a project called “Creating Space for Strength” for Calgary’s North Central Communities. We started with an asset-based community development (ABCD) approach and started researching:
- What makes these communities good and strong?
- What could be better?
- How do we get there?
Our project involved interviewing residents from nine Calgary communities, conducting group community consultations and analyzing demographic data to help us understand who lives in these communities.
We are pleased to share our interim final report:
- Community Conversation – Creating Space for Strength in Calgary’s North Central Communities http://wp.me/pNAh3-1yX
- How to Host a World Cafe: Great Resources to Help You Host a Community Conversation that Matters http://wp.me/pNAh3-1zO
- How Community Conversations Create Powerful Possibilities http://wp.me/pNAh3-1z7
- An Introductory Public Webinar: Creating Space for Strength An Asset-Based Community Development and Research Project Focussed on Calgary’s North Central Communities http://wp.me/pNAh3-1wq
- 5 Great resources on asset-based community development (ABCD) http://wp.me/pNAh3-1xJ
- Webinar recording: Creating Space for Strength http://wp.me/pNAh3-1wI
If you enjoyed this post, please “like” it or share it on social media. Thanks!
Share or Tweet this: Creating Space for Strength – Interim Final Report http://wp.me/pNAh3-1Bv
If you are interested in booking me (Sarah Eaton) for a presentation, keynote or workshop (either live or via webinar) contact me at sarahelaineeaton (at) gmail.com. Please visit my speaking page, too.