Are you interested in language policy and related research? I’m on the organizing committee for this upcoming conference in Calgary and promised I’d share this call for papers. We’d love to have you submit a proposal!
Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2012
September 6 – 8, 2012
University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Francois Grin, University of Geneva
- Elana Shohamy, Tel Aviv University
- Peter Ives, University of Winnipeg
Call for papers
This international conference will be held at the University of Calgary, Canada. We invite papers that approach language policy from a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives, and in a variety of contexts, from the local/institutional to national/global. We invite abstracts (500 words maximum) for papers in any of the following areas:
- Language policy and political theory
- Official language policies
- Language policy and lingua franca
- Heritage language policies
- Language policy and globalization
- Ideologies and language policies
- Language policies in school settings
- National identities and language policies
- Language policy and the economics of the workplace
- Non-official languages in mainstream classrooms
- Language policies and social mobility
- Language attrition, language revitalization and language policies
- Language policies and transnational communities
Abstracts should be 500 words maximum including all references. The deadline for submissions is June 1, 2012.
Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by at least two experts in the field. Final decisions will be sent to authors by June 15, 2012.
Each paper presentation should be 20 minutes, with 10 minutes for discussion. You can submit a maximum of two contributions, one as author and one as co-author or discussant.
Principal conference organizers: Dr. Tom Ricento and Dr. Mary O’Brien.
Go here to submit your proposal: http://www.educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp/call-for-papers
Conference website: http://www.educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp/
Click here for a downloadable poster for the conference.
Conference Twitter hashtag: #malpp
Share or Tweet this post: Call for papers: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2012 http://wp.me/pNAh3-1mp
Update – January 2018 – This blog has had over 1.8 million views thanks to readers like you. If you enjoyed this post, please “like” it or share it on social media. Thanks!
Sarah Elaine Eaton is a faculty member in the Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary, Canada.