In many regions of the world, classes are winding down for a winter holiday break. Here are 5 festive ways to let your favorite teachers know you appreciate them:
1. A hand-made holiday card – Teachers love cards and notes that say “You make a difference in my world!” A store-bought card is nice, and a hand-made card is even better.
2. Certificate of Appreciation – Most word processing programs have a template for certificates. Create your own Certificate of Appreciation for a teacher complete with their name, the name of the school and the school year. Sign them and add a sticker of a happy face or a gold star for extra effect.
3. A home-made consumable gift – A batch of cookies or a jar of home made jam is a super gift for a teacher. Many of them are so busy at this time of year finishing up with classes and corrections that they do not have as much time as they would like to bake and make things for the holidays. A gift that they can share with their loved ones is always appreciated.
4. A gift of indulgence – A gift certificate to a coffee shop or a movie theatre is a wonderfully indulgent gift. I have two teacher friends whose absolute favorite gift to receive is a gift card to their favorite coffee shop. Suddenly, a $10 gift card transforms into an afternoon visit with a friend over a cup of coffee – and the teacher gets to treat!
5. Fun school and office supplies – Did you know that many teachers supplement the supplies they receive at school with their own extra-special supplies such as stickers, post-it notes, coloured markers and other fun stuff that are not part of regular school supplies? A trip to your local discount store can provide you with stickers, posters, arts and crafts supplies and other goodies that many teachers can use in their classroom.
Like this post? Share or Tweet it: 5 Festive ways to say Happy Holidays! to your favorite teacher http://wp.me/pNAh3-151