I’m so thrilled to be combining my love of technology with adult education. Tonight I start teaching a four-week live course called “Build Your Own Webinar”. It’s designed to help participants take their webinars from concept to delivery. The registrants include a combination of people from the corporate, non-profit and services sectors, including adult educators, health professionals and independent services professionals. Here’s what we’re going to cover over the four weeks:
Build Your Own Webinar: A 4-week Webinar Launch Program for Entrepreneurs, Business and Non-Profit Organizations
Session One – Monday, October 17, 2011 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Theme: Planning for success
- Introduction / Course binder / agenda review
- Types of webinars
- Why webinars should be part of your overall organizational or business strategy
- How often you should host webinars and why
- Why you should outline your webinar
- How to organize a successful webinar
- How to price a fee-based webinar
- Tips on what to outsource and what to do in-house
Session Two – Monday, October 24, 2011 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Themes: Tech tips and Presenting like a pro
Guest speaker: Peter Temple
- Success strategies for virtual presentations
- When and how to use your web camera in virtual presentations
- How to maximize the technology without getting overwhelmed: Tips for using mics, web cams, streaming video, screen sharing and application sharing.
- How to choose a webinar platform provider.
- How to deliver your presentation in a compelling manner.
- How to design your materials for maximum effectiveness.
- Limitations and challenges of different technologies.
Session Three – Monday, October 31, 2011 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Themes: Marketing and Promotions
- How to write an attention-grabbing course description
- How to develop a social media or digital marketing strategy for your webinars
- How far in advance to start promoting your event
- How to use online event registration systems
- How to record your webinars and what to do with the recordings
- Professional collaboration – Share your progress with others; give and get feedback to improve your final product.
Session Four – Monday, November 7, 2011 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Themes: Maximizing your ROI and positioning yourself for success
- How to measure the success of your webinar – evaluation and assessment metrics, strategies and tools
- How to use webinars to do more business (or for non-profits, to do more good in the world)
- Webinar-day checklist – Things to remember on the day of your webinar
- Professional showcase – Participants give 10-minute presentations to the group highlighting the best of their webinar program.
Share this post: Build Your Own Webinar – 4-week live training program in Calgary http://wp.me/pNAh3-XC
If you are interested in booking me (Sarah Eaton) for a presentation, keynote or workshop (either live or via webinar) contact me at sarahelaineeaton (at) gmail.com. Please visit my speaking page, too.