I’m so thrilled to be combining my love of technology with adult education. Tonight I start teaching a four-week live course called “Build Your Own Webinar”. It’s designed to help participants take their webinars from concept to delivery. The registrants include a combination of people from the corporate, non-profit and services sectors, including adult educators, health professionals and independent services professionals. Here’s what we’re going to cover over the four weeks:
Build Your Own Webinar: A 4-week Webinar Launch Program for Entrepreneurs, Business and Non-Profit Organizations
Session One – Monday, October 17, 2011 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Theme: Planning for success
- Introduction / Course binder / agenda review
- Types of webinars
- Why webinars should be part of your overall organizational or business strategy
- How often you should host webinars and why
- Why you should outline your webinar
- How to organize a successful webinar
- How to price a fee-based webinar
- Tips on what to outsource and what to do in-house
Session Two – Monday, October 24, 2011 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Themes: Tech tips and Presenting like a pro
Guest speaker: Peter Temple
- Success strategies for virtual presentations
- When and how to use your web camera in virtual presentations
- How to maximize the technology without getting overwhelmed: Tips for using mics, web cams, streaming video, screen sharing and application sharing.
- How to choose a webinar platform provider.
- How to deliver your presentation in a compelling manner.
- How to design your materials for maximum effectiveness.
- Limitations and challenges of different technologies.
Session Three – Monday, October 31, 2011 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Themes: Marketing and Promotions
- How to write an attention-grabbing course description
- How to develop a social media or digital marketing strategy for your webinars
- How far in advance to start promoting your event
- How to use online event registration systems
- How to record your webinars and what to do with the recordings
- Professional collaboration – Share your progress with others; give and get feedback to improve your final product.
Session Four – Monday, November 7, 2011 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Themes: Maximizing your ROI and positioning yourself for success
- How to measure the success of your webinar – evaluation and assessment metrics, strategies and tools
- How to use webinars to do more business (or for non-profits, to do more good in the world)
- Webinar-day checklist – Things to remember on the day of your webinar
- Professional showcase – Participants give 10-minute presentations to the group highlighting the best of their webinar program.
Share this post: Build Your Own Webinar – 4-week live training program in Calgary http://wp.me/pNAh3-XC
Update – January 2018 – This blog has had over 1.8 million views thanks to readers like you. If you enjoyed this post, please “like” it or share it on social media. Thanks!
Sarah Elaine Eaton is a faculty member in the Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary, Canada.