The Multilingual Children’s Association has a great list of 10 steps to raising a multilingual child:
- Agree on multilingualism
- Know what to expect and when
- How many languages — what is practical?
- Decide which language system works for you
- Don’t wait — now is the perfect time!
- Declare your intentions
- Establish a support network
- Get relevant materials
- Set your goals, but remain flexible
- Have patience and keep going
I loved what they have to say. Check out the full article here: 10 Steps to Raising a Multilingual Child http://bit.ly/n357oH
Share this post: 10 Steps to Raising a Multilingual Child http://wp.me/pNAh3-Qp
If you are interested in booking me (Sarah Eaton) for a presentation, keynote or workshop (either live or via webinar) contact me at sarahelaineeaton (at) gmail.com. Please visit my speaking page, too.