The Multilingual Children’s Association has a great list of 10 steps to raising a multilingual child:
- Agree on multilingualism
- Know what to expect and when
- How many languages — what is practical?
- Decide which language system works for you
- Don’t wait — now is the perfect time!
- Declare your intentions
- Establish a support network
- Get relevant materials
- Set your goals, but remain flexible
- Have patience and keep going
I loved what they have to say. Check out the full article here: 10 Steps to Raising a Multilingual Child http://bit.ly/n357oH
Share this post: 10 Steps to Raising a Multilingual Child http://wp.me/pNAh3-Qp
Update – November, 2017 – This blog has had over 1.7 million views thanks to readers like you. If you enjoyed this post, please “like” it or share it on social media. Thanks!
Sarah Elaine Eaton is a faculty member in the Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary, Canada.