If your literacy or other non-profit organization has a website, adding video is the 21st century way to promote your programs, demonstrate your successes and generate more awareness and interest in the work you do. Online videos:
- demonstrate an awareness of 21st century marketing
- have the potential to reach more people in more places
- help you incorporate social media into your advocacy work
YouTube has a program for non-profits to help them promote their programs better.The service is available in the US, Canada, the UK and Australia. They say that they plan on adding more countries soon:
The program includes a listing on the Nonprofit video channel, and the ability to post opportunities on the Volunteer Platform.
Even if you don’t live in one of those countries check out the website. They have links to globally available resources such as:
- Nonprofit tip sheet
- Adding a call to action in your videos
- Tips on how to run video campaigns on YouTube
- Ideas on how to use other Google tools (and YouTube is one of them) to promote your non-profit or charity
Share or Tweet this post: Using Video for Non-Profit Marketing http://wp.me/pNAh3-mB
Update – November, 2017 – This blog has had over 1.7 million views thanks to readers like you. If you enjoyed this post, please “like” it or share it on social media. Thanks!
Sarah Elaine Eaton is a faculty member in the Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary, Canada.