Calling all Language Educators!
The Language Acquisition Resource Center at San Diego State University is organizing
Social Media Workshop
Date: August 9 – 13, 2010
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Pacific Time Zone) – 10:00 – 17:00 (Calgary / Mountain Time Zone)
This is an online event, open to all educators at no cost.
I was thrilled when they contacted me and invited me to do a presentation on using Skype in the Second and Foreign Language Classroom. So if you missed the first Skype webinar, this one may be of interest, as it will cover much of the same material.
But forget my session, check out all the other great sessions. Here are just a few that will be offered:
- Michelle Olah & Catalina Bohorquez – Social Media Tools for Collaboration
- Glenn Cake – Online Class and Digital Story Telling through PhotoStory 3
- Ronnie Burt – Using Blogs To Enhance Student Learning
- Evan Rubin – Mobile Devices, Social Media, and Language Learning Dicsussion
- Chris Brown – Classroom Narrative: Twitter in a Spanish 3 Class
I’m looking forward to learning all I can about using social media in foreign language teaching. Come join me?
Update – January 2018 – This blog has had over 1.8 million views thanks to readers like you. If you enjoyed this post, please “like” it or share it on social media. Thanks!
Sarah Elaine Eaton is a faculty member in the Werklund School of Education, University of Calgary, Canada.